Thursday, February 18, 2016

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” – “My Man, Confidant, My Go To”, Ace, My Friend” SAY IT ISN’T SO!!!

We shared everything. We talked about everything. You was welcomed in my home, knew my family and broke bread at my table. We played ball together, washed our cars together and we even attended the same church where we worshipped together. You promised as did I that we we would always have each other’s back. I shared my deepest joys, hurts and secrets with you. Truthfully, I trusted you with ME!

SAY IT ISN’T SO! It couldn't be…I refused to believe it when I heard it…How dare they even fix their mouths to say that…IT WAS YOU who betrayed my trust!

Yes, although the above isn't something that is actually happening in my life at this moment, I share it because it happens more often than we would like to admit it. The truth is, those who hurt us the deepest are those that are the closest to us. I write this to remind us of what a great privilege we have to be considered a close friend. I write this to challenge us to be careful to not fall into temptation of the most serious offense against our friendships…Betrayal

Nothing hurts more than a hurt from a friend. Real friends stick by you in times of trouble and bring healing, love, acceptance and understanding. What kind of friend are you? Don't betray those you love. 

“For it is not an enemy who reproaches me; Then I could bear it. Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me; Then I could hide from him. But it was you, a man my equal, My companion and my acquaintance.” (Psalms 55:12-13 NKJV)

No comments: