Tuesday, June 9, 2015

JUST ENOUGH for The Journey - To be Chosen is much more than a Privilege

I thank God that I'm Saved! However, I must not allow myself to be duped into becoming comfortable and complacent in MY salvation and MY liberty and MY inheritance and MY crown and MY place in the Kingdom. Yes it's true that I'll receive all of these and more, but while I'm still here I must realize that being God's Chosen is much more than a privilege it's a responsibility!

We get to caught up on the privilege of being God's people and we overlook or perhaps even neglect our responsibility as Christians. You see, I have a responsibility to live according to God's Word. I have a responsibility to share God's Word. I have a responsibility to love God's people!

Yes, it is a privilege but this privilege is extended to all who receive and accept it. It is my responsibility to make the receiving and acceptance possible by presenting God's Word and loving God's people as they grow in the knowledge and understanding of who He is to them and who they are in Him.

What a Mighty Privilege with such an Awesome Responsibility!

"Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away." (1 Peter 5:2-4)

No comments: