Friday, June 19, 2015

JUST ENOUGH for The Journey - A Rebel Generation

I heard a song on my XM Radio yesterday morning on my way to work. The lyrics kept playing over and over again in my head. There was a reason why this is so. The lyrics were:

"Chasing Fool's Gold...living a dream...believing things that just ain't true."

The reason that I couldn't get it out of my head is because my heart got a hold of it. I was being reminded that I have been Called by God to be an Encourager. I'm to encourage others as well as myself to trust in God; have faith in God, believe in God and to follow God. I am to tell you of His love, His forgiveness, His grace and His mercy.

There are some very near to us who are being duped, mislead and bamboozled by the lies of this world and the evil that corrupts good motives. They are being led away to be slaughtered because we know that the enemy only comes to Kill, Steal and Destroy. They have turned away from the truth and embraced falsity, they have embraced illusions of being their own God and they believe that they sustain and persevere by their own will.

God has sent me and all you who are Saved by the blood of Christ to standup and to speak out against the lies that are destroying our loved ones. He sent you and I because we at one time were also consumed by the same lies that has our families and communities in its relentless grips right now.

At times I question what I'm doing, but God quickly gets my attention...this time by a song on the radio. So, I'm encouraged to continue the assignment that God has for me.

Encouragement is not always to pick one up, but at times it will tear one down, in oder to lift them up in righteousness. Today through the Prophet Isaiah I am speaking against a Rebel generation. I am encouraging you this morning to ditch the lies and embrace the truth.

The Word of God says this morning:

So, go now and write all this down. Put it in a book So that the record will be there to instruct the coming generations, Because this is a rebel generation, a people who lie, A people unwilling to listen to anything God tells them. They tell their spiritual leaders, “Don’t bother us with irrelevancies.” They tell their preachers, “Don’t waste our time on impracticalities. Tell us what makes us feel better. Don’t bore us with obsolete religion. That stuff means nothing to us.” (Isaiah 30:8-11 The Message)

Truth is, EVERY WORD of The Lord is true and will lead you to Salvation. You are not beyond...you have not sinned so bad...you have not been removed to a place to where the love of God cannot Save YOU! If you have been told otherwise, THEN THAT'S A LIE!!

No comments: