Monday, March 7, 2016

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" - Spirit Led!

There's a huge difference between reading scriptures with your eyes and reading scriptures with your heart.

For instance we read, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9). I personally ABSOLUTELY LOVE this verse!

God has something for me that my eyes have NEVER seen. God has something to speak or say to me - something of which I've NEVER heard. What God has for me is so special that it has NEVER entered into my heart or even into my imagination!

But the Holy Spirit says to also read the next verse, verse 10. "But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God." (I Corinthians 2:10 NKJV)

Now these verses combined says precisely the opposite of how I've first read it and memorized it. I was too quick to memorize part of a passage, the part that I hear most often, and I neglected the remainder of the passage.

In doing this, I've missed out on so much. God has given us His Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us and to comfort us and to reveal those things that God would have us to know.

Now that I have The Spirit of God in me, I can clearly SEE His love for me and how far He's brought me from. When I was wondering around with no direction, I clearly didn't SEE myself teaching and preaching on the love of Christ! Once upon a time not long ago, I couldn't HEAR God speak to me about His Calling on my life, saying "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left." (Isaiah 30:21 NKJV), and I missed His guidance and walked many paths that were not meant for me to walk. It had never entered into my heart that I would awake every morning with a fresh Word of Encouragement for not only myself, but for all who would read what God has placed in my spirit to share.

Yes, all of this was possible when I realized that God is not withholding any good thing from me until some far off time! He has ALREADY GIVEN me those things that my eyes have NEVER seen, as well as those things that my ears have NEVER heard, Nor have entered into my heart while my heart lusted after the things of this world!

Yes, I'm seeing. Yes, I'm hearing. Yes, my heart has been forever filled with the love of Christ. Thank you Holy Spirit for Your continued revelation, inspiration, guidance, comfort, correction and admonition. I'm wide open for what You would have me to do next!

No comments: