Monday, March 28, 2016

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" - The necessity of self-denial

This past weekend, I have read many accounts of Baptisms on Easter Sunday. Congratulations to each and everyone of you and all praise, honor and glory to God!

Some would like to hold on to the temporary and forego the eternal. What I'm saying is that wealth, position, titles, prestige and conceit has such a stronghold on folks that they can't seem to understand what Jesus is saying in the gospel, "For whoever wants to save their life  will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it." (Matthew 16:25 NIV)

This morning I celebrate that there were those this weekend who understood that with Christ we have everything and without we have nothing. You chose to lose the worldly to gain The Kingdom!

On my Playlist right now: "I give myself away, so that you can use me.  My life is not my own, to you I belong, I give myself to you!"

No comments: