Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pour Out Your Soul to Him

Tuesday's Truth: Pour Out Your Soul to Him!

One of the toughest battles that we will continually face in life is the battle within ourselves.

We battle fear of rejection; fear of failure; we can even fear our future. We struggle spiritually with reappearing sin.

Paul spoke of being perplexed... Moses was approaching burnout being the leader and judge over every matter of the people...Jonah said in Jonah 4:8, "It would be better for me to die than to live."... and Elijah in his depression said, "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors." (1 Kings 19:4)

So what is the answer to bearing the load of oppression and depression? What is the answer to fear and burdens? To whom should I bear the heartaches and sorrow and heaviness, and sadness and emptiness and loneliness of my very soul?

Perhaps the simplest answer to our internally difficult concerns is JESUS: "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest...for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28,29)

He is the solution to every heartache, every dilemma, every unsolvable problem, every disappointment and the deepest loneliness.

Truth is: You and I can crawl up on His lap and pour out our soul to Him. It is to us that He says, "How often I wanted to gather (you) together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling..." (Matthew 23:37) And when our inclination is to turn to everyone else but Him He says, "Look, your house is left to you desolate." (Matthew 23:38)

How Is It with Your Soul?

No comments: