Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Our Hope, Our Joy, Our Crown...Just Give Me 60 Seconds!!

There is absolutely no greater joy in ministry than the joy in knowing that those whom God has sent you to minister to receives The Word of God for themselves, meaning they “Get it”!  Those who minister spend countless hours, days, weeks, months and yes years in prayer and in the studying of God’s Word in preparation for the encounter with those that God will bring our way or to whom God will send us to.  An encounter in ministry could be just a fleeting moment, but the moment that is afforded to share His Word is the most important 60 seconds for the recipient of God’s Word as well as the deliverer of God’s Word.


Truth is, give me your attention for just one minute, it won’t take any longer than that because God knows what you are in need of and God has always confirmed in me that it doesn't take all day to say “I love you”.  Yes, in 60 seconds, God will reveal to you His love for YOU!  It will take you less than 60 seconds to read this Post, yet when you have completed this read, you will learn that God does love you…and yes, so do I.  In 60 seconds you will learn that what I do and the way that I do it, is all about and all for you. You’re receiving the Word of God, as the Word from God Himself…that is my Hope, it is my Joy and your remaining faithful; your continued trust; and your very Salvation will be my Crown when I go home to see Jesus.


Last night, after Bible Study of 1 Thess. Chapter 2, I walked outside from the church and found two young men standing outside the front doors talking with one another about how the study touched their hearts and how they felt the Word of God at work in their lives. I give praise to God for these young men showing up last night and for the Word of God that was received as the Word from God…not the word from Keith!  These young men have received a Seed and the soil was made rich by God!!


"For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe. For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy." (1 Thess. 2:13,19, 20)

No comments: