Friday, February 7, 2014

Build Your Strength and Stamina

FINISH STRONG!

In the sports world athletes plan their workout regimen with the end goal of FINISHING STRONG.  Their activity at first is light as they understand the importance of building stamina and strengthening themselves and not causing harm or burnout to themselves early on. In doing so, they are both physically and mentally conditioned to endure and handle the more strenuous activities that are yet still to come. They build themselves up to be prepared for the opportunity to compete; however, every athlete's goal is not to just compete, their goal and focus is to win!

You see, there is a prize for those who can remain in the contest/battle; there is a prize for those who endure the rough parts of the course; there is a prize for those who are not distracted, for those who don't attempt shortcuts or digress by cheating; there is indeed a prize for those who FINISHES STRONG...and to finish at all reflects your character and that character screams aloud of your strength and determination.

The Finish Line is just ahead, don't give up now, don't quit and don't stop striving to complete the contest because there is a prize at the end and that prize is a blessing that is for all who can endure.

Spiritually, I train my spirit and my Trainer is The Holy Spirit. I train everyday, yes slowly at first, but as I grew in strength and stamina, I was able to train longer and deeper. My goal is to hear Jesus (my Trainer) say, "Well done my good and faithful servant".

My prize/harvest will be those who I asked to train with me; those who I introduced to my Trainer; and those who I have encouraged to endure...and to ultimately cross the Finish Line AND my prize/harvest will be to witness my entire family crossing the Finish Line!

I have faith and I'm totally relying on my Trainer as there are many times when it appears insurmountable and I want to give up, but as I walk through my house and enter the bedrooms of my sleeping family, I press on because if I give up, I would lose much more than I am willing to even think about...for God has appointed me to be Priest and the Head of this family that He has given me and I shall not fail them!

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith. (Galatians 6:9-10)

1 comment:

patriciaball354@yahoo.com said...

I thank you and am in agreement with you, Brother Keith. Before I read this message. I did reach out just as you did, under the direction of my trainer, the same one you have. I wrote with the same goal in mine, to hear the Lord say, well done thou good and faithful servant. Hay, what confirmation, but it's no surprise this is what kind of God we serve, Amen? Keep on keeping on, as I will do the same in the matchless name of Jesus. Be continually blessed my brother and keep winning those souls to Christ.