Wednesday, October 21, 2015

JUST ENOUGH for The Journey - Sheep

As you may already know, Sheep are easily distracted and susceptible to being mislead because they will follow anything aimlessly. There was a printed article that I found online this morning concerning a Herd of Sheep that followed one Sheep that aimlessly walked off of a cliff to its death below. One Sheep after another followed that Sheep over the cliff. The first couple hundred, approx. 450 died, yet approx. 1,000 in all plunged over the cliff only to be cushioned by the furry pile that had stacked beneath them. This Herd had no Shepherd to watch after them to steer them away from the cliff, to prevent them from wandering aimlessly and to lead them to pastures and not danger.

Bottomline, Shepherdless Sheep wander and follow one another without direction; without purpose; and without protection. My question to all who are reading this post is, "Are you following the crowd or are you following Jesus?"

Following the crowd can and will lead you into dangers that you aren't able or prepared to handle. Following the crowd suggests that you take on the identity of the crowd...you are just another Sheep, not the unique, loved, blessed and gifted Man or Woman of God that was created in God’s image and in God's likeness...no you are just Sheep.

When you and I follow the true Shepherd, He knows you by name. He knows your uniqueness, your ways and He keeps you from straying! Our Shepherd, Jesus, The Christ not only leads and cares, He also protects and promises safety both now and for all eternity!

Sheep need a Shepherd - You need a Savior! The True Shepherd is also The Savior. He will not let you be lost and He will not let you be destroyed. He has never lost one or has He allowed one to be snatched from His love and protection! Become of His Flock today!

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.  I and My Father are one.” (John 10:25-30 NKJV)

No comments: