Tuesday, October 13, 2015

JUST ENOUGH for The Journey - Pray Without Ceasing

These 3 words you hear often in the church because this is what the church is meant to do. A lot of people ask how does a person continually maintain prayer. I smile when I think about this because I just want to say to them that it's not so much on "How", but more of "Why" are we told to pray without ceasing!

For me, it's hard to be Anointed and Balanced at times! Some days you want to treat people how they've been treating you. Some days you want to cuss folks out. Some days you want to tell folks off. Hey, I'm just being real. Without prayer or as I would say, "it's time for me to take a spiritual timeout", I'd probably follow through (more often) on some of these things...not on some days, but nearly every day. I said more often, because there are times when I'm not as strong and I flip out! So, I must pray!

Start your day with prayer and pray throughout your day, so that "some days" won't be your day today.

"Pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NASB)

No comments: