Monday, April 25, 2016

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free - Being Watchful

Having liberty in Christ Jesus allows me to live my life better and more importantly safer than ever before! However, my enemy is tricky and clever always trying to bring me lower than what I've been Saved to become.

It's alright to enjoy the finer things in life, but I have to be watchful that I'm not putting more delight in the gifts instead of giving glory, honor and thanks to God who is the Giver of all good things.

It's alright to have a nice home, a great car, the corner office job, beautiful friends and money in the bank. What's not OK and what we need to be watchful over is our placing all of our attention on these things and less attention on our Lord whose hands have provided all that we have.

Be careful that you are not overcome or mastered by anyTHING or anyBODY! God has given you and I authority over ALL THINGS!

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. (I Corinthians 6:12 NKJV)

No comments: