Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Coffee and Cake...Oh Yeah!!

We discussed Faith last night during Bible study. We looked at what the dictionary says about faith and compared the same with our Christian Faith.

Well, the dictionary definition of faith was static, dry, lifeless and at times contradictory as it placed the word "or" in its explanation of faith.

Conversely, our Christian Faith is depicted like this:  "Christian faith is ATTITUDE, CONVICTION and CONDUCT based on a right relationship with God. It is not static, but grows in strength and depth as we nourish that relationship with our Creator throughout our lives."

It's ALIVE & IT'S LIVING!!!  What a contrast!

May you and I operate in this LIVING FAITH on today for Hebrews 11:6 says, "Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

Oh about the cake...last week at the close of Bible Study, I asked one of the Sisters (who is a Baker) for something sweet as my sweet tooth was acting up. Well, I asked and went on about my business; my life; and my obligations for the rest of the week, which included a trip out of town. It had totally slipped my mind until last night, right before study was to start, that Sis. Brenda Robeson came through the door with a Chocolate Cake with White Frosting...moist, delicious and totally made from scratch!

At that moment it was revealed to me that in Faith, when we come to God with our prayers and supplications, sometimes we ask for a blessing and then life just takes over. However, although we may have gotten busy and forgot our request, God remained Faithful in honoring our request! Again, I forgot, but God didn't...God honored my request.

Now that is Faith...the Faithfulness of God to do far more than we have asked and far greater than what we have even imagined.

I was perhaps thinking a piece of cake, but what was answered and delivered was an entire cake that I was able to share with all of my sisters and brothers in Bible Study!

May you share your cake (Blessings) with your sisters and brothers!

No comments: