Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Football Analogy

Have you noticed how life just sometimes seems like a "No Huddle Offense"? We get use to freelancing; just going with the flow; and we tend to be in a hurry up frame of mind just because the world seems to be moving in a hurry up kind of way.

However, I'm thankful for my early morning quiet time with The Lord, where I purposely take a much needed timeout, talk things over with my Coach and then go into the "playbook" to gain knowledge, wisdom and understanding for my next move.

Once I seek the "Playbook" the Coach says it's time to come out of the "No Huddle Offense", that it is time to huddle again and call the play that He has determined is best!

You see, the "No Huddle Offense" was incorporated by man to keep pace with this fast paced life. The Playbook, which is The Holy Bible, oftentimes is not sought while in our hurry up posture. The Coach is The Lord and commands that we huddle up, seek the next and best play and after receiving the play, trust the play to be successful in moving us closer to the Goal. During the timeout we talk with our Coach (pray) and He reveals His Playbook to us.

In a football game, a team is limited to the amount of timeouts that can be used. However, in God, we can and are encouraged to take many/daily/every necessary timeout to consult our Coach and His Playbook.

This morning, during my timeout and while talking (praying) with my Coach, He called an audible and told me to write a Parable that His team will easily understand.


Today is a good day to call a timeout, huddle up and consult the Coach, get a new play and execute it to gain an advantage. You have been stuck on 3rd a long and the play that is being called in your life will gain a guaranteed 1st Down!

By the way, the End Zone and the reward for reaching it is indeed much greater than 6 points!!

The timeout is over and I'm running the play, even right now, for today!!

No comments: