Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Listen To Him

Next Level Living Will Require Listening!

This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!” (Mark 9:7b)

Peter, James and John got to see an amazing thing, something that no one had ever seen before! They witnessed Christ transfigured reflecting His majesty, radiant in appearance, regal, royal, exulted, perfect and divine.

As I think back, they saw Jesus turn water into wine, walk on water, heal the sick, give sight to the blind, feed the multitudes (twice...5,000 Jews and then 4,000 Jews and Gentiles), by Him the deaf could hear and the dead were raised. They saw a lot; they witnessed a lot and they could surely testify to a lot of what they saw.

When Peter, James and John saw this they were mesmerized and couldn't take their eyes off of Him, but God spoke through a cloud and quickly admonished them by saying, "This is my Son, whom I love. LISTEN TO HIM!"

You see, God sent His Son Jesus (whom He loved), not to be amazing or to be a spectacle and especially not to be  entertainment for us, but He sent Him to tell us about The Kingdom of God; to tell us who we are and whose we are; to tell us that God is making a way out of no way!

We have been looking in His Word; we've been looking at His Word; we've been looking for Him in our churches, on our jobs and in our homes...we've been trying our best to see Him in our lives!

Where we've failed is that we've been steady looking at Him and not listening as we've been told.

If we would simply listen then we would know that we don't have a need to look for Him because He is always with us.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)

If we listen then we would know that He has already given us His peace and encouragement in this world and life.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

If we would but listen we would have heard Him say "IT IS FINISHED" (John 19:30).

On this NEXT LEVEL God is correcting us by saying don't just look upon my Son, LISTEN TO HIM, for He is the very Word of God that has now become flesh.

Speak Lord  Speak, I ask for ears to hear you clearly on this and every level that you take me.
#NextLevel

No comments: