Monday, September 20, 2010

Hearing God...Here?

This Monday morning was typical of every other Monday morning until… 

Let me start from the beginning.  As many of you are aware, Monday mornings are mornings that are filled with conversations concerning the previous weekend’s events, sports scores, triumphs and gatherings.

Well, this Monday started out much the same as every other Monday preceding this one, except the story that was shared today was one of revelation.  Here’s how it went: “Keith, are you busy, can I tell you about my weekend?” “Sure, I said, have at it!”  “I was bored this weekend and was discussing with a friend during a chat session on our computers, that, here it is, the weekend, and we are both logged on to Facebook… I do this way too often”.  The friend replies “Let’s go out…let’s hit a club and have a few drinks and perhaps you can get your “dance on”.  Being that my friend loves to dance, they hit the club/bar. 

Upon arrival, there was something different.  Being a [self-proclaimed] “great dancer” (my personal jab at my friend, hahaha), my friend found it odd that the urge to dance was not felt on this particular evening (not that there is anything wrong with dancing). 

As my friend sat at the bar, God began to speak!  Over the noise of the bar, over the loud music and even over the voice that would plead with my friend to ignore what was happening…God Spoke!  God spoke so vividly and so precise these words…”YOU ARE BLESSED”.

God not only spoke but He revealed to my friend, as if watching a movie, the many times that He had been there, the blessings that He had provided, the love that He has given and His constant presence and confirmation of His promise that He would never leave us nor forsake us…He never withdrew Himself…even when things were done/said that were not according to His Will.

My friend couldn’t wait to come in this morning to speak of what God has spoken to them.  It wasn’t the typical game scores, nor of the conquests on the dance floor, but… that God spoke in a place where they would least expect to hear God! 

Think about it, my friend has had God on their mind ALL WEEKEND!  My friend came to work this morning with their mind on Jesus!  My friend came to talk to others and to tell about the time that God reaffirmed His love for them! 

If God can bless in a nightclub, He can indeed bless us anywhere and at anytime!  HALLELUJAH!!!

When God speaks, there is nothing that can interrupt what He has to say…NOTHING!

No comments: