Thursday, June 29, 2017

Wedding Anniversary Week - Reflection #5

Life Markers

There are many things in Kimberly's and my life together that make us who we are today.

I remember like yesterday, the very first time that I saw her walking down a stairwell in Bldg 1650, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX in January 1987.

I remember the first time that she first noticed me. I was blasting music in my dormitory room, drinking way too much and noticed Kim and a few of her coworkers going to the Bowling Alley. I jumped in front of them and shouted, "Hey you, YOU can come back and hang with me, but not the rest of you" hahaha...yep, not smooth at all, BUT she came back after a night of bowling! 😃

I remember our 1st apartment; our 1st breakup; and our 2nd apartment. I remember my proposal to Kim and her saying "Yes" after two years of dating.

I remember our wedding day, Lisa Boyles Thomas flying in from Florida to be Maid of Honor; Jay Keller giving Kim away; and Kim and I cooking all of the food for the reception, preparing the Clubhouse, helping the DJ get setup, greeting the Justice of The Peace and finally our wedding vows.

Four years later, our firstborn son, Keith Jr was born on June 19th and Father's Day that year was June 20th

Four years after Keith was born, we had our second child, Kyle on May 8th, four days before Mother's Day that year

I retired from the Air Force in January 2005

Our daughter Kaelyn was born in January 2006!

But THE MOST SIGNIFICANT Life Marker was on March 23, 2005. On this day, at a basketball banquet of a league that was affiliated with a Christian organization and the games where played in a local church, Kim and I received Jesus Christ as our LORD and as our SAVIOR!

Prior to this Life Marker, there was nothing truly significant about us, our lives or our lifestyle choices. BUT after this date, our world changed, our hearts were changed, our marriage changed, our love grew stronger, our decisions were made better, our pathways were made clearer and our names were written in The Lamb's Book of Life! On this day, my wife and I truly became one before God and we remain before His Throne as one to this day!

There are many Life Markers in our lives and I'm proud of each of them. However, the most significant event of Kimberly and myself was the day Christ became Lord in us and for us.

Thank You Lord for teaching us what true love is and for teaching us how to truly love each other. My Mom said this to me shortly afterwards..."Keith, you had love for Kim, but now, YOU KNOW LOVE & HOW TO LOVE!

Christ IS love and without Him in your marriage, we will only go through the motions.

No comments: