Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wedding Anniversary Week Reflection #4

Keeping It Real Works for Us!

To Keep it Real...There's nothing out there that can hold my heart, that will hold my hand and that holds me closer than the love of my wife.

To Keep it Real...I use to like to go to "The Club". I use to like hanging out until three o'clock in the morning. I use to like the attention (drama most times) that could be found by making yourself available to everyone and everything. But those things really drained me, drained my enthusiasm and stole my identity and security.

See, to Keep it Real...I had to come to the understanding that a strong and healthy marriage trumps "The Club"; trumps casual acquaintances: and trumps the paranoia and fake/false/phony nightmarish masquerade mask that I once wore to be part of the crowd.

What has worked for us is our realization that Life, Love and Memories are Made at Home and with those you love and who love you; and not the random strangers that we meet in the streets or clubs.

This is Real...Kimberly gives me my identity as being her protector, her best friend, her confidant, her husband, the father of our children and priest of our home.

This is Real...Kimberly is my security in that she keeps me grounded, protects me from negativity by showering me with confidence and affirming my position in our lives and by shielding me from even my own self doubt.

To Be Real...Kimberly and I aren't perfect and we don't profess to have the perfect marriage, but:

Keeping it Real REALLY Works for Us!

No comments: