Monday, January 19, 2015

What a Mighty God We Serve!!

What a Mighty God we serve!!

As a servant on our local church's Prison Ministry team, I am always taking inventory of the effectiveness of this ministry for annual reporting.

On Saturday evening at the Pre-release Unit, one young man rededicated his life to Christ and I praised God for that changed life!!

After our regular Sunday service on my drive home to prepare to preach again a few hours later, I prayed that God will increase the Harvest.

Well, after I finished preaching last night at the Maryland Corrections Institute in Jessup, I STOPPED counting those who were responding to The Word of God by coming to the Altar after my count had reached 35 men. I stopped counting so that I could praise God for His Awesomeness because as I looked out, they were STILL coming!

It is amazing how He takes our little and makes it GREAT! Many were set free and for this I'm thankful.  I am also aware that there are many more who need to be set free from captivity, and for that, I make myself available.

Oh what a Mighty God we serve!

2 comments:

Cindy Trudeau said...

Amen. What a wonderful blessing.

Cindy Trudeau said...

Amen. What a wonderful blessing.