Thursday, October 2, 2014

Love and Happiness - Part 4

Love and Happiness - Part 4

Thankful Thursday: "True Love Just Acts Like This!!"

As I lay here beside my wife in this very early hour of the morning, I am reflecting...no, actually I'm really wondering how this beautiful person, warm and loving woman, kind and tenderhearted angel has come to be my wife and my partner sharing over 25 years (over half of her lifetime) with me in marriage.

You see before the preaching, teaching and the reaching there was the drinking, smoking and the joking me. Before the Saint I was indeed an "Ain't"...Ain't good for nothing; Ain't worried about nobody but self; Ain't going to amount to much; and Ain't gonna to change!

I thank God today that He sent into my life the one who could see the real me through all of the real mess. Kimberly came to me with more love than I have ever been shown by a woman. It wasn't the in your face "love it or leave it" kind, but it was a patient; enduring; steady as we go kind of love. She loved me at my worse and loved me to become my best. She prayed me through and prayed me to what I am today.

It's times like right now, in this quiet and very early hour that God's Word speaks the loudest to me. Today His Word speaks clearly and sharply to me saying that, "True Love Just Acts Like This!!"

So the wondering has been replaced with gratefulness for the wife that I have.

I'm going to lay here beside her for a few more minutes watching her sleep and yes, praying over her day that she hasn't awakened to yet. While I'm doing that, I'll leave you with this for your marriage and relationship:

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." (1 Peter 4:8)

No comments: