Thursday, June 9, 2016

"The Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." - HELP SOMEBODY - It's the Greater Good and it's in you!

In order to tap into the Greater Good, we must know what the Greater Good is. I don't have a text book definition, but I do have the Spirit's revelation as to what the Greater Good means to me. As I understand it and believe in it; I'm convinced that the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus promised to those who believe in Him, lives in me.

Therefore, to describe the Greater Good is to describe Him that is already in you. So, to tap into the Greater Good is to yield to the calling and guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Greater Good for me means that I am to have, and I am to share: Gratitude, Compassion, Forgiveness, Mindfulness, Purpose and Love.

To be true to our Calling, we should resemble The One who Called us. If we are truly following the unction of The Spirit, we would engage others differently than the world engages them. To truly appreciate God's love for His creation, we must be willing to see beyond race, ethnicity and socioeconomic statuses loving all of God's people and yes, showing love also to those who are our enemies. To truly operate in the Greater Good, we must first embrace The Great One who is always with us!

Paul says it like this: "If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if His love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care — then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." (Philippians 2:1‭-‬4 MSG)

No comments: