Saturday, August 8, 2015

JUST ENOUGH for The Journey - I "THOUGHT" that I was only out for a Walk

I'm out walking this morning thinking and praying for my church family who are out today doing Outreach as they evangelize the surrounding neighborhoods. I'm not with them because I'm traveling to see about my parents and to spend time with them and my brother, Kevin.

Little did I know that God had a plan to use me to evangelize on this stretch of country road on this early morning.

I met a woman walking her dog on the opposite side of the road. She greeted me and began talking immediately about her life, drugs, spousal abuse and pending divorce and relocation.

She mentioned that she was a believer, raised Roman Catholic,  but since has been attending a Baptist church. We shared our names and I heard her story. I let her know with great assurance that God is STILL God!

That's all that I had to say, her eyes welled up with tears and instantly I knew that God spoke to her.

Witnessing isn't about directing people to our buildings and events. As Rev. Brown shared during Wed Night Study, ministry is a culture not an event.

The Great Commission is STILL The Great Commission!  Get out there and tell them about Jesus...even if it's on a country road early in the morning.

Be blessed today Journey of Faith Church!

No comments: