Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Thorn “Experience” is Necessary

The Apostle Paul had experienced the spiritual power of Christ. God had given Paul deep and intimate spiritual experiences. There was the danger that he might begin to think too highly of himself; therefore, God gave Paul a “thorn in the flesh”. 

Like the Apostle Paul, we too suffer from a number of things: illness, infirmities, ridicule, naysayers; we suffer financially and emotionally. We pray asking for our sufferings to be removed or to come to an end.  However, illnesses still come. Our Bills still stack up. Naysayers seem to grow in number and oftentimes we become emotionally drained.  But know that these experiences are necessary!

God uses adversity to guard against our becoming “puffed” up because of our accomplishments. He uses our weaknesses to reveal the power of Christ in our lives and these experiences teach us to live for Christ and not for ourselves!


“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

No comments: